The Future Leaders Program is delivered in collaboration with the University of Papua New Guinea, the Papua New Guinea Institute of Public Administration and the University of Queensland under the guidance of the Department of Personnel Management and the Department of Higher Education, Research, Science and Technology.
The Program has been designed to develop Public Sector leaders in Papua New Guinea and is based on the Ethics and Values-Based Executive Leadership and Management Capability Framework and the Gender Equity and Social Inclusion policy of the National Public Service. Participants will undertake a combination of skills-based training, peer-to-peer learning, participatory exercises, class discussions, academic course work and workplace projects.
The Future Leaders Program includes 3 x 2-week residential learning blocks in Port Moresby and is delivered over a 9 month period.
Applications for the second cohort of the Future Leaders Program close at 5pm on Friday 7 April 2017.
Take the step up
- A pathway to further career and educational opportunities
- Formal professional mentoring
- Three fully funded residential learning blocks in Port Moresby
- Development of professional skills for the PNG public service, including leadership capabilities, strategic thinking and policy development
- Apply your learning with mentoring through a workplace application project